Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Things are definitely looking up, and up, and up!!!

My headaches with my loan companies are pretty much over.  I received the paperwork that I have been waiting for from both places... my verification forms that the Navy needs for the loan repayment program. So, finally some answers. It took 4 weeks from my initial request to receive my master promissory notes, and for the verification it took 3 weeks. The first fax that one of the loan companies sent to my recruiter was not received, but I re-faxed it today and everything was taken care of today... the recruiter got the fax of the verification. She texted me to tell me the good news, then I checked the mailbox to see if I had received anything from the other loan company, and as luck would have it, I had my verifications back from them too. I texted my recruiter and told her that we now have all of the verifications that are necessary.

Shortly after I told her this, she asked me if I would like to push up my ship date for Basic training... from late May to sometime in April. I am going to call her tomorrow to get some more information about my new ship date and to set up a follow-up appointment with her... aka my mentor appointment.

The only hiccup of the day was that I had to miss my first DEP meeting because of family circumstances... I had to drive my mom to an appointment and my brother to work, and my dad was out of town for something...but the recruiter was understanding because this was out of my control and I clearly couldn't make it. The Senior Chief was also going to be at this meeting to talk to people about basic training...missed that too. I am going to have a meeting rescheduled with him, and it may be a phone call instead.  So, she told me what they were going to talk about in the meeting, and she is going to catch me up in our mentor meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment