Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Procrastination...

Well, I think this may be the last time I procrastinate because the Navy is going to train that right out of me. I am scared that I will miss out on something important if I change my ship date for basic training, but there will always be something that comes up. This decision is for my career and directly benefits me, and if I base my decisions on wanting to wait around for nothing to be going on, so that I don't miss out, I will be waiting forever and never do it. I initially wanted to jump on the decision immediately and answer yes right away when my recruiter asked me if I wanted to push up my ship date. Then, I paused and told her that I will get back to her... I really don't have to think about this since I want to start as soon as possible, I just want to make sure that I accomplish everything on my to-do list before I ship out, and see whatever friends and family that I can. This is solely my decision, and true friends (and family) will understand... if I have to miss something, stuff comes up, no big deal. They will all be happy for me that I am happy. I should not feel guilty about this decision for any reason... and I won't psych myself out... I will stand by my decision and not procrastinate any more because procrastination never helps anything. I can't keep waiting for things to not be happening, if I do that I will never go. That is why I had waited until now to go in...I kept waiting for things not to be happening... and that's why I had waited on a career. My whole life I have been putting off my decisions for other people--friends, boyfriends, family events--there will never be a perfect time, and since it's my decision for my future, I need to do it when the time is right for me. I say the time is now!

No comments:

Post a Comment