Friday, March 4, 2011

7-Day Follow Up

I met with my recruiter this morning for my 7-day follow up. Got weighed in and took a written test about drug abuse awareness. I also signed some paperwork saying that I have not changed my mind about the Navy and that basically I am staying out of trouble. Went over my "START" guide, which is basically information about what to expect at basic training and the information and creeds that I need to memorize. She told me the importance of different things in the guide and highlighted what I need to go over. We also talked about what will happen in my first DEP meeting. As I was leaving, she had me practice reporting in/requesting permission to leave and saluting. "Future Sailor DeWispelaere requests permission to come aboard (enter)/go ashore (leave)." This will become part of my routine for DEP and basic training.  The other recruiter in the office laughed a bit, I guess didn't realize that's what it was... and my recruiter said she will call me Dewi since she knows how to spell my name but not how to say it. The other recruiter said they'd probably call me Alphabet in Basic... oh joy! He he. Oh, and my recruiter gave me a new poster to hang on my wall with the Sailor's Creed on it. She said that I need to have it memorized as well as I know the Pledge of Allegiance.




Later I got a text from my recruiter that I have an additional required meeting next week with the district supervisor. Apparently the supervisor wants to meet with all people shipping out to Basic in May and June.  Busy week next week.

1 comment:

  1. Lis, I am totally impressed with your "musings" and all the info you have collected. You are amazing! Luv you, girl--GM

    ReplyDelete