Friday, March 11, 2011

Family tradition...being in the military

I follow in the footsteps of my family members by going into the military. Many of my mom's relatives were in the military. Her father's family was mostly in the Navy.  I have some cousins that were in the Army and Air Force, my grandpa was in the Air Force and the Secret Service, my godfather was in the Army in special ops, and my dad is currently in the Army Reserves and has recently returned from a tour in Iraq/Kuwait.

Great Uncle Fritz...maternal grandmother's brother (He died before I was born, I never met him)

Great Uncle Bud...maternal grandmother's brother (He died before I was born, I never met him)

Great Uncle Jerry... maternal grandmother's brother (He died when I was little)


Second Cousin Gene...mother's first cousin.

Great Grandfather Joseph...mother's grandfather (He died when I was a baby)

My mother's father, John (He died before I was born, never met him)

Great Uncle John and Great Aunt Kathy...mother's aunt and uncle

Grandfather Arthur (Laid to rest May 18, 2004, Arlington National Cemetery, Washington, D.C.) 

My Father, Peter

My Godfather, Mark

2 comments:

  1. A little more military history for you: On your Dad's side, your Grandpa Fran's uncles served in World War II, and Grandma Marie's uncles, Angelo Titone and Frank Titone served in the Marines in WWII. Frank was a gunner on the USS Saratoga and was killed by Japanese aircraft. He was buried at sea not far from Iwo Jima. Uncle Sam Titone served in the Army in the Korean War, and was hit by schrapnel, but survived. If you want more names and specifics, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cousin Matt was in the Marines, and my cousin Dean was in the Army... they're both second cousins of mine on my mom's side.

    ReplyDelete