Thursday, March 31, 2011

My DEP group brought me some good news

Had a DEP meeting on Monday. My recruiter called an emergency meeting... we usually have them the second Tuesday of each month, but there were some things she wanted to make sure we are doing because she has been getting complaints from her superiors. Apparently not as many people are coming to the meetings as they should and are not retaining information. I can totally understand that. We went over what we should be memorizing and what we should be doing for PT.

And... we found out that we start PT sessions next week! So exciting!!! They made up a schedule for Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday and we are required to be there for as many as we can, but at least once a week.  I am going to try and make it twice a week if I can swing it.

Time to get my run times down, increase the number of push-ups and sit-ups I can do, start weight training, and work on my swimming strokes and distance.

I am so happy that I can actually do some PT with my DEP group before I ship out. Last I had heard it wasn't going to happen until after I was scheduled to leave... so glad it changed.

I need to stop waiting for motivation to kick in, and just do it. And I think the DEP meetings will help kick my butt into gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment