Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Memories of Touring CV-41 USS Midway Aircraft Carrier Museum

It was March 2008 and it was my first time ever going to see the West coast. My first time seeing a mountain and my first time seeing the ocean... I was so excited. I had gotten the plane ticket out there for Spring Break as a Christmas gift from my then boyfriend. The first thing I saw as I arrived in San Diego was the sun beating on the tall Palm trees... it was like a dream come true. While I was there I saw many sights, including beaches, a botanical garden, historical landmarks, tide pools, the Air and Space Museum, and the USS Midway Aircraft Carrier Museum. That was by far my favorite, and reiterated the awe I feel when I think of aviation and the fact that I will be working with that for my job in the U.S. Navy.

Description of the launch process for an aircraft from the USS Midway
(YouTube video)

My photos of the USS Midway:








































No comments:

Post a Comment