Thursday, March 3, 2011

Getting Antsy For Some Answers

I am waiting as patiently as I can for a new chapter of my life to begin. I have begun my enlistment process, though it seems that it should be moving a lot faster than it is. November began my research phase and I should've expected the "hurry up and wait" thing since it is, after all, the military and that's how they do things. At least I have gotten through the hard parts of my enlistment process: research, initial meetings with the recruiter, signing the contract and choosing a career field, and swearing in. Now, to deal with the the annoyances. I am fighting with the loan companies to verify, process, and release information on my records. It takes an eternity just to receive a glimmer of hope from them. One company seems more complacent than the other, but it still takes some time to receive any answers. So, I am stuck waiting a couple of weeks to a month for anything, any news. I call them and they tell me that there is nothing to report and basically that they can't confirm whether or not anything has been done. They have to send a request to send a request and so on... oh, if only things would run more efficiently. But, I think that loan companies want to be a pain until you pay them off. I tell them that the government will pay them and they are still being a nuisance. I guess I get to pester them some more until I am blue in the face. I just don't want them to hold up my enlistment process anymore than they already have. I've got about 50 days, I think, until I have to get all of my student loan paperwork into the Navy so that I remain eligible for the loan repayment program. The headaches continue...

No comments:

Post a Comment