Monday, April 4, 2011

Productive PT day

It has been gorgeous outside the past couple of days minus the tornado threats last night. This morning I popped right out of bed at 9:30, and was energized to start my day. I love mornings like that.  After my morning stretches and breakfast, I decided it was a fine morning for a run.  Well, it turned out to be noon before I headed out. Better late than never for my motivation to kick in. I continued my warm up with more stretching, light weight training, jump roping, plank exercise, and sit-ups. It was warm when I headed outside, and the thermometer by the house read 40 degrees... not bad weather for running. I walked down the driveway and began running with a good momentum and pace. Running seemed easier than previous times that I have gone out, and that made me feel good. As the distance increased from my house and I entered the treeless open road, I felt the cold air hitting my face. I noticed that with the wind chill it felt more like 30 degrees or less than the 40 degrees that I had originally thought. I got about a quarter mile away from my house and started to become very cold since my layers and hatband were not enough to keep me warm. Although I strongly desired to venture on, the wind was biting and the skies signaled rain, so I decided to cut my run short. My total distance this afternoon was a half mile and I completed it in 4 or 5 minutes... I wasn't really keeping close watch to the time. So, that means my mile and a half would be 15 minutes at that pace. That being said, I need to decrease my time. I think my requirement for basic is like 11 or 12 minutes.  When I returned, I did cool down stretches and some push-ups. Overall, I think that my total time for exercise today was about 30-45 minutes. Hey, it's better than not exercising at all.

Oh, and I received a text from my recruiter about the weekly Future Sailor PT schedule. One of the days is permanently switched. Still three days a week planned, but now they are the middle three days instead of the beginning few. So, I will be starting PT in Janesville with my DEP group within the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment