Saturday, April 23, 2011

Popular Questions That People Are Asking Me

Everyone asks me so many questions when I tell them that I am going to boot camp soon for the Navy. Here is a list of a few questions that I am asked on a regular basis.

Where is boot camp?
How long will you be there?
Will you have access to e-mail?
Do you know what you do after that?
Where is your technical training?
How long is that?
How's your exercise/PT going?
How's your swimming coming along?
Will you be on a boat?
How strict are they on liberties?

So here's the scoop...

Boot camp is at Great Lakes Navy base near Chicago for 9 weeks. I will not have access to the phone or e-mail the entire time that I am at boot camp. I will have a few very quick calls home to tell my immediate family important information, but that's it. After boot camp, I will go to Florida for my technical training aka A school... and the amount of time that I spend there depends on the jobs that I qualify for after the first 4 weeks.  My PT is gradually getting easier, and I have not had much time to work on my swimming, but hope to really soon. Whether or not I am stationed on a boat, an aircraft carrier, depends on the job that I get after A school.

And... it's the military. It's a regimented lifestyle and there are going to be a lot of rules about everything. They are going to be strict on curfew, fraternization, etc. etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment