Thursday, April 7, 2011

Exercising with the Dogs

Well this week has been very productive, and only took one day off from PT so far.  Tuesday I went out with Jake and Casey. Casey and I walked for a half mile, then I came back home to get Jake. He and I went jogging and walking for a mile and a half. He was carrying his leash in his mouth most of the way... even though I still had a firm hold on it.  When we got back, as a reward, I threw Jake's ball for him for 10 minutes. Afterwards both dogs were exhausted. The total time spent in my warm up, stretches, cool down, and exercising with the dogs was about an hour.

This morning I had PT with my Future Sailors group at my recruiter's office. When I was getting ready to leave Jake was all excited because I had on the same Adidas jogging windbreaker pants and jacket on with my tennis shoes. I think he hears the swishing sound the pants and jacket make as I move. He was jumping up at me and whining. He thought we were going for a jog. Then as I left, I saw his pitiful face. He barked at me as I got in the car.

At my recruiter's office we did our cardio to some video that I think was by the same guy who does the TaeBo videos. It was intense, and definitely a good hour workout. Got done and I could feel it. I drove an hour home and recouped with the dogs. After lunch, we went outside and I threw Jake's deflated, folded basketball for him for a while. Now they are both resting underneath the table. Although we did not go for our daily exercise together I think the dogs are happy. Tomorrow is another day, and I think I may take the dogs out then.

No comments:

Post a Comment