Saturday, May 21, 2011

Saying Goodbye

I couldn't ask for a better final week with my friends and family before I ship out.

It all started with this past Saturday when I had my going away party, then I met my friend Kelly for dinner and coffee.

Monday and Tuesday I spent with my parents running errands, did things around the house, and cooked out. 

Wednesday, I met my friend Katie for lunch and coffee.

I spoke to my recruiter on Monday to check in and then on Tuesday we were supposed to meet at the office for my 7 day re-certification and PT, but that got pushed back to Thursday. I had my urinalysis... I have a couple more of those next week (on Tuesday before going to the hotel, on Wednesday morning at MEPS, then again at RTC--boot camp)... I had a few minor things to straighten out about shipping out, and we had PT where we exercised to a TaeBo video for an hour.

Thursday evening I went out with my parents, brothers, grandma, and brother's girlfriend and son and we spent some time together.... this was after I went to the recruiter for my meeting. When I got home, I spoke to my great grandma on the phone for a while. 

Yesterday, I am met my best friend, Ana, to see the movie "Something Borrowed." It was a great!

And, last night I went out with my friend Katie and her friends to celebrate her graduation from junior college. It was so much fun! I hadn't had a night out with the girls in a long time.

Also, my niece arrived for her weekend visitation with my brother Benj. She will be here until Monday afternoon when they leave to take her back to Indiana to meet her mother.

Today I met my friend Amanda and her mom and we all went bowling....and I didn't suck too much... got better with each game we played (started off at a 40 and ended on a 60, I think).

On Sunday I have plans with my grandparents, immediate family, and my aunt for a cook out. 

This is all getting so surreal, and time is flying by so fast whereas before it dragged. I intend to have a relaxing weekend and then get things in order on Monday... Tuesday my mom drops me off at my recruiter's office and I go to the hotel, and Wednesday I ship out for RTC at Great Lakes for boot camp for 9 weeks.

I am saying goodbye to my childhood home, my friends and family, my pets, and civilian life. The next time I write in my blog I will be a United States Sailor and training for my job in aviation.

No comments:

Post a Comment