Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Now begins the countdown...get ready, get set, go!

I have 21 days left... a little less than 3 weeks. I can't believe how much time has flown by since I signed my contract back in February!

I am getting overly anxious for this new chapter in my life to begin. Daily life is boring and annoying me... and every little thing (and sometimes a certain person, depending on the day) is getting on my nerves. Things have become monotonous and I feel like I have been cooped up.... I am sick of anything that might even hint at drama or rudeness. I can't wait to see my friends... it's been forever! It will be the ultimate send-off to spend time with my friends since I have already seen family. There is not enough time to see everyone before I leave, but I will have seen most of the important ones. Time to relax a bit.

I just have to stick it out a little longer and get a few minor things in order before I leave.  Before I know it, I will be leaving for boot camp and then off to A School for my technical training. Once I leave I will be out of contact with everyone at least until boot camp is over... only accessible via regular mail in the form of handwritten letters. And, I will be away from friends and family for the first significant period of time longer than a couple of weeks for the first time in my life. This is definitely a huge step, and I am glad that I am not only beginning things soon, but that I have taken the time to think long and hard about it before I made my life-altering decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment