Friday, February 18, 2011

A Poem Of Inspiration

There is a poem written on the front cover of my diary that my grandparents, Jackie and Art, had given me one year for Christmas when I was really little.  I am not sure who wrote this poem, but it has always been a source of inspiration to me, and reminds me to follow my dreams:

I watch the world 
through curious eyes, 
and wonder up at star-filled skies,
and dream about
the wondrous things
tomorrow promises to bring.
I keep my secret hopes and dreams
tucked far away on bright moonbeams,
and out beyond horizons far
I wish upon a shooting star.
I journey to new worlds unmet
with treasures undiscovered yet--
my dreams take me
where rainbows are
when I follow my own star!

1 comment:

  1. I have the same diary! Got it in 1989 i believe, I was 12 yrs old. Good memories and I also remember this poem. It also gave me inspiration.

    Annie, from Puerto Rico

    ReplyDelete