Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Officially Enlisted in the Navy

I am so happy! I can officially start counting down the days until I leave for Basic Training. Today I had my full medical exam, defense language aptitude test, job counseling and selection. I signed my contract and took my oath of enlistment.  I will be in the aviation field and learn all there is to know about it... so cool! Once I finish Basic and then go to Aircrewman Candidate School, I will find out what my actual job is (or rate, as the Navy calls it).  Then I will go to my technical school ("A" school). I am getting an advanced rank because of my college degree and the fact that aviation is an advanced program.  I leave for Basic on May 25th! Wooo hooo!!!!

Now all I have to do is just get all of my student loan documentation squared away (within 2 months)... I despise negotiating with my loan companies because they move so slow with things. After that it's smooth sailing. Just have to cut my hair and work on my PT. So much to do, and I know the time will fly by so fast!

And today was so sweet because my family came to see me swear in and then threw a little party for me with a cake and flowers. What a lovely surprise :)

1 comment:

  1. Lis, I read all your blogs today and they are excellent! I am saving all of them--you are terrific! Luv, GM

    ReplyDelete