Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Pictures From My Enlistment/First Swearing In Day

 Waiting for the Captain to come in to administer the Oath of Enlistment.  Dad is standing at attention.


 You can see the stage and podium with all of the flags of each service branch and our Nation's flag.

I had a private Oath of Enlistment ceremony since no one else was ready to swear in at the time that I was. This worked out well, so that my parents could take some pictures.

 The Captain reading the terms of the Soldiers and Sailors Civil Relief Act to affirm my understanding.

Swearing my Oath of Enlistment.




After I finished swearing my Oath, the Army Captain shook my hand and then posed with me on stage so Mom could take some more pictures.

The Captain was making me laugh... we both were trying so hard not to laugh. He brought up the fact that I goofed when he asked me what I was going to do in the Navy... I had just replied, "Yes, sir." before I registered what he had said... oops!

Here I am with my youngest brother, mom, and dad. They got to watch me swear in.


My parents got me flowers and a cake to celebrate my induction into the Navy :)

1 comment: