Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Nervousness Sets in... I Have to Get My Hair Cut

I have an appointment with the beauty salon tomorrow for my first haircut to conform with Navy Basic Training regulations. I have never had hair shorter than my shoulders before, and tomorrow I am cutting off about 3/4 the length of my hair! I am going to start tomorrow with hair down to the middle of my back and end the day with my hair up to my chin. I am nervous to see what it will look like, but excited to try out a new hairstyle.  I am sure it will be cute. I am going to add layers to distribute some of the weight of my thick hair....and the Navy said my hair can't be trendy, so layers are as close to a cute haircut as I can without being too radical.  I am also stoked that I will be able to donate my hair to benefit cancer patients. I have always wanted to do this. It's going to be one of many big changes, and cutting my hair months before I leave for Basic Training will give me a chance to get used to having and maintaining short hair.

This is what my hair looks like now... it is going to be a big change.

No comments:

Post a Comment